Friday, December 16, 2011

Halelujah!


 Many of us think we are different. 
But few believe they can make a difference.  

 --Suhasini Paul

Every year since the first Christmas was celebrated by One Candle Schoolhouse students, Patricia and Alan Lucas have sent gifts for the children, gifts selected over the previous months as Patricia came upon items she felt were right for each of the students she'd come to know through emails and this blog. When OCS evolved into the two Bright Lights Community Learning Centers, and the enrollment grew beyond those children she knew, other ways of supporting us were found.  Last year their financial donation made possible a feast for the student's Christmas Party.  This year, learning of the Livelihood Program of Hand-Painted T-shirts that had begun (2TKTees), Patricia ordered fifteen, individually designed, Philippine Flora and Fauna shirts for every member of her family: 
Oh Diane,
We arrived in Point Clare late yesterday and Kevin appeared almost straight away with your/our parcel! It was a wild moment to open the glory box and exclaim as I took each one out! They are beautiful each and every one, she (and you) have excelled in producing such gifts for all our family. I can't praise you enough I am so excited and can't wait to hear how they are received. I will try and include a photo I took of the quote from your email with a photo of Shane Mae which I will include with the shirts when I wrap them.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

My love overflows,
Patricia

2 sent to Italy
7 of the 15 in Australia



No comments: